As we get back to our normal routines, we leave the summer life – sun, beach, pool – behind but we keep the marks of this fun season with us. At the end of the summer we start to notice our skins a little drier, peeling and needing special care. This makes the perfect time for us to create a new routine: the damage repair routine.
Body scrubs are a great way to keep your skin healthy and beautiful through exfoliation. They gently remove dead skin cells and help wash away skin visible imperfections. We love Blissful Bean’s Turtle Scrub! This coffee body scrub can be used by people of all skin types. They chose a few of the best ingredients to create a invigorating, moisturizing and memorable experience:
Coffee has healing and astringent properties. It contains natural caffeine known to firm and tone the skin.
Coconut contains essential fatty acids for moisturizing and hydrating the skin.
Organic Cane Sugar is a natural exfoliant containing alpha hydroxy acids.
The antioxidant properties of Cacao protect and heal the skin form oxidation.
Cinnamon warms and circulates the skin. When the formulation was applied not only did the skin feel smooth and hydrated, the aroma of the products stayed with me.
It is made in small batches to ensure quality:
- Made with organic ingredients
- No synthetic ingredients
- Never tested on animals
You should use it as an exfoliant for dry areas on the body, use it a pre-shave scrub or apply it at the end of the shower for lasting effects of the oil and caffeine. But be careful: don’t scrub after you shave. You risk stinging your skin. We do, however, suggest a good scrub before you shave which will remove dead skin cells so they don’t clog up your razor.
Our other tips on using a body expoliant are:
- Avoid over-exfoliating by scrubbing just a couple times a week. If you have sensitive skin, consider a lighter touch.
- And if you want a beauty secret from our Spa: Start at your feet and massage the scrub in a circular motion up the legs and the torso. Continue at your fingertips and massage up the arm.
- Never use a body scrub on your face, where the skin is thinner and more delicate. Body scrubs are designed for the tougher skin on your body.
- TRY THE TURTLE SCRUB! WE PROMISE YOU WILL LOVE IT TOO!